Saturday, June 12, 2010

Half Marathon

In April I ran my first half marathon, the Salt Lake City Half Marathon. I trained for a few months before the race and felt some-what confident when the race day came. Since I have never been a runner, my goal was to run/slow jog the whole thing. I just didn't want to walk. I met my goal, but looking back I probably could have completed in a faster time if I would have taken a few breaks and walked for a little bit. The race was mostly a flat or a down hill slope except for a little over a mile of up hill towards the end. After 2 1/2 hours and 13.1 miles later, I finished. I wasn't too happy with my time, but I was just happy to say that I ran the whole thing. Who knows if I will ever run another half marathon again, but for now I can say that I have ran a half marathon!
Dan and the kids were able to come support me and take some pictures towards the end of the race. Even though it looks like I was walking, I promise I wasn't. These pictures were around the 13 mile mark.


2 comments:

diana said...

That is awesome, congrats!

Unknown said...

That's awesome Linda! there is NO WAY I could ever run that much! and I do run about 3 times a week, so the fact that you did it, is awesome!

Congrats!