Monday, May 4, 2009

The Baby's Room

Because my mom is living with us and we only have 3 bedrooms upstairs, We don't have a room for the baby yet. The plan is to finish the basement before or around the time the baby comes and move my mom's room downstairs. So for right now I don't have a room to decorate, but I am starting to find things I like. This pregnancy I have decided to try and make my own baby bedding and decor. Before Jackson was born I spent a couple hundred dollars on bedding that I liked but didn't love. Most of the things that came with the bedding we did not use. So, I found a cute blanket at Babies R Us that became my inspiration for our little girls room. So far I have only made the quilt. I still plan on making the bumber for the crib and curtains to match.
Here is a pic of the Babies R Us blanket that I bought and became my inspiration.


Here is the baby quilt that I made....

9 comments:

Katherine said...

You're pretty darn impressive! I love it!

Amber Ayres said...

wow! It's beautiful! sure beats knitting huh? (still waiting for Zac's baby blanket!)

Barbara said...

That is adorable!! I am super impressed that you made that. I can't wait to see the rest of the goods to go along with it!

tina said...

I love it Linda!! Her room will be adorable!

Clements Family said...

Linda that is awesome! It looks so beautiful! Good job. Can you please teach me??

diana said...

Awesome job, who knew you were that talented! :)

Amber said...

Linda I love the blanket. You did a very good job. Aw you are having a little girl. That means pink everywhere. How cute!

stacy h. said...

linda, i think martha stewart has a template of some sort for making a butterfly mobile. it would be so cute with your quilt! i will try to find it and let you know where it is.

Cammie said...

That's so cute! I'm just starting my first quilt too...it's so intimidating! I may be asking you for suggestions and help in the next few weeks :)